Sunday, April 28, 2013

Thoughts about FANCL's new Whitening Line

tinyceci was extremely fortunate to be chosen to try out FANCL's new whitening line. FANCL gave tinyceci a lovely set of the full whitening line including 6 pieces of the mask (♥♥♥), the lotion, serum and emulsion in no I initially which is suitable for oily/combination skin. Upon double checking the information given in the leaflet, tinyceci called FANCL takashimaya and was immediately given a choice to exchange the set for no II, which is more hydrating and meant for dry/combination skin thank God! ^^

Having tried various whitening lines like Lancome Blanc & Clarins, I noticed that whitening ranges tend to be less hydrating and therefore might give rise to more fine lines forming in the process of whitening. I was a little apprehensive in trying this range out initially because of my super sensitive skin weakened by all the different rich products a few years ago. However, since my dear friends started raving about how soft their skin became just a couple of days of usage, I became curious and decided to try it out after a week of pondering.


The first thing I immediately noticed and fell in love with was the mask! I think I probably will purchase more of these in the future especially when I need to prepare for an event. The texture and quality of the mask sheet itself is top grade. The mask essence has no fragrance and feels very soothing when I put it onto my skin. In fact, it was so comfortable I nearly fell asleep wearing it. The lotion was also clear like water and absorbs into skin very quickly. I am convinced that FANCL's motto of using only the freshest ingredients is valid in the sense that the products are all packaged for a month's use only. And the texture and feeling of the whole line don't feel that synthetic/packed with active chemicals like some other brands. My breakouts also became more stabilized!

A few low downs though.

Although touted to be a whitening line, I find that this line don't really whiten as much as it softens and smooths skin tone. Also, I had to use another moisturizing serum and emulsion as my skin felt a bit dehydrated especially at night. My spots did not decrease and pores became more visible. I would personally recommend this to those with normal skin which do not require that much hydration and looking for smoother, softer skin. Either that, or couple it with a hydrating serum containing hyaluronic acid, a pore refining serum and a more hydrating night moisturizer. For the price point, I feel that it is a little wanting in the hydration department and therefore a little pricey if I were to include the cost of purchasing a hydrating serum and moisturizer on top of this line. 

Nevertheless, FANCL is still a wonderful brand loved and trusted by many beautiful lady friends of mine and I believe this whitening line would probably work better as a daytime skincare routine, and switching to a more hydrating line for night skincare. 

Thank you FANCL for the wonderful mask & serum! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment