Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dr. Zein Obagi's presentation at Raffles City Convention Center

I had an epiphany while listening to Dr Obagi's presentation this afternoon over a fantabulous luncheon-tea session thanks to the kind people at GlamAsia sponsoring me a pair of tickets.
I want to work towards having skin that requires no make-up instead of just having skin that looks good with make up on.
Can do?

Or just an unrealistic dream?

Okay back to the doctor.

His one sentence left a mega deep impression in me:

Makeup is meant to enhance features like making a nose look sharper or creating a more defined jawline but NOT to conceal flaws.

I think it makes perfect sense in retrospect. Don't you think?

Hailing from Beverly Hills, Dr Obagi gave a very lucid presentation on how there is no such thing as sensitive skin, only weakened skin. I do agree, since my skin, though plagued with freckles since I was a toddler, was pretty much smooth and acne-free till one day, a serious breakout made me go on a flurry of heavy duty skincare and cosmetics which are out there in the market.

The case studies he showed were astounding! Many cases had a good decade or two lifted off their faces after starting a treatment regime with Dr Obagi. Unlike products in the market, the treatment swears to rebuild skin cells from within the DNA level, and reactivate lazy skin cells to fight environmental stress and pollution.

One of our friends, Rachel, was extremely lucky to have been chosen to get a face-to-face consultation with him (with free products prescribed personally by Dr Obagi!!) on the spot. ^^

All of us who attended the seminar were given a full-sized sample worth 130$ of the ZO Skin Health OFFECTS Exfoliating Cleanser & Exfoliating Polish. And the products are only available at dermatologists island-wide, because they should be prescribed after a consultation. I am surprised that the pricing of the products is actually quite reasonable! :) Made me think twice if I should repurchase my usual skin care products after I finish my stash; or if I should pay the derm a visit. tinyceci will give the samples a shot soon after and update again! It seems ZO skin products may just be the holy grail for skin that I've been searching for in Singapore.
Dr. Obagi- He's actually part Russian and Syrian(?) if memory serves. Not Japanese.

Once again, thank you Glamasia for the chance to meet Dr Zein Obagi in person! It was lovely and SO enlightening! Interested in more updates from Glamasia? Like them here on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment